[TYPO3-dev] Mysql 4.0

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Jan 30 17:52:41 CET 2008

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Is anyone running TYPO3 on a Mysql 4.0 installation? This index
> definition breaks: KEY lookup_string( ref_table, ref_string( 600 ) )
>
> I had to reduce the 600 down to 200.
>
> So, does that mean that TYPO3 require Mysql 4.1 all along and we simply
> didn't know?

Ok, more facts. ref_string is defined as VARCHAR(200), but as I need utf8 I
had to enable the multiplier thingy ending up with a TEXT field. The
installer increased 200 to 600 and Mysql breaks.

Hm. I think Mysql has increased the key lenght for 4.1 and above, but there
you have built-in utf8 support anyway.

Masi