[TYPO3-dev] order of rendering of plugins

stefano cecere scecere at krur.com
Wed Jan 30 09:24:04 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Hi!
>
> stefano cecere wrote:
>> subparts.plugin_1 < plugin.tx_plug_pi1
>> subparts.plugin_2 < plugin.tx_plug_pi2
>>

>> my two plugins are called in this order: pi1 first and p2 second.
>>
>> BUT i need to call pi2 first and pi1 after it (because in pi2 i set
>> some session variable that has to be read by pi1)
>>
>> it seems IMPOSSIBLE to do it
>> i tried in every way but Typo3 seems to call the plugins followin the
>> order of the ###TAGS### in the template.
>
> It calls them in the logical order :)
>
> If I were you, I would exract that session thing into pi3, call it it
> before both plgins and assign its empty output to another marker, which
> goes before these two.

thanks dimitry

the problem is that pi2 set/deletes some data and put them in the session.
pi1 needs to display that info in the top header of the page (something like the logged user.. for example)

yes.. your is a pragmatical solution.. not very nice from the programming style...

i should move all this logical part to pi1 (arg) or
maybe i should hack the TEMPLATE renderer, to follow the TS array order, and not the ###markers### order in the html templates?

stefano