[TYPO3-dev] Soution: Page is being generated

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sun Jan 27 17:54:42 CET 2008

On Jan 27, 2008, at 11:00 AM, Tobias Pierschel wrote:

> " also wondered why the association would not sponsor 400,00 Euros for
> such a task. I mean they are financing much of 5.0 development - so it
> should be ok for them to sponsor a small project improving the
> performance of 4.x series ..."
>
> I fully agree with you.
>  T o b i

I think this only works if the complete association agrees with it.

There are many non-payed (non payed by means of not payed by the
association)
core developers and it would be rather strange if all core developers
are going to say:
' Hè I got a patch, will cost you xxxx euro's'

Since I am not a member of the association, I don't have
a single clue how money is divided. I am not sure if every core
developer get's a standard fee, or that only some developers get a fee.

However I do feel that if somebody signs up as core developer he/she
cannot really ask for money. A core developer gives his devotion for
free because
he loves the too, uses it fir his own good and/or clients.
I think only if some large task is at hand (couple of months?)
the association can pay for the work if he/she is not doing it for a
client and/or employed work.

That said, special situations excluded...

Just my personal opinion.

Ries