[TYPO3-dev] RFC: incomplete use of divider2tabs in tt_content

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Jan 28 10:17:02 CET 2008

Hi all,

I just installed today an extension that activated divide2tabs for
tt_content and I realised to my great surprise that there were 2 div
markers in the tt_content types but that they had no label for the tab.
The result is the appearance of an empty tab. Not good for usability :-)

Here are the culprits (in typo3/sysext/cms/tbl_tt_content.php):

		'textpic' => 	Array('showitem' => 'CType;;4;button;1-1-1,
header;;3;;2-2-2,
bodytext;;9;richtext:rte_transform[flag=rte_enabled|mode=ts_css];3-3-3,
rte_enabled, text_properties, --div--, image;;;;4-4-4, imageorient;;2,
imagewidth;;13,

[snip]

		'list' => 		Array(
							'showitem' => 'CType;;4;button;1-1-1, header;;3;;2-2-2, --div--,
list_type;;;;5-5-5, layout, select_key, pages;;12',

[snip]

Before opening a bug report I wanted to ask what was the best was to
patch this. As far as I can tell, I see two possibilities:

- the simple one is to remove the "--div--" in list and textpic. This is
a minimal change and could be done for both trunk and 4.1 without problem.

- the other solution is to add a label to the tab, but this opens the
debate of what should be in each tab. As it is now it is not good
because it mixes content element options and access information. You may
remember that the discussion in the core list about activating
divider2tabs by default in tt_content was dropped.

So I would think that the first solution is the better one. Your opinion?

--

Francois Suter