[TYPO3-dev] Soution: Page is being generated

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Jan 26 14:36:27 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

> Another way would be to use locking mechanism to prevent race conditions
> (sysvsem if available or simple file locking, which is much slower).

This is mostly what I did. Currently I only use the php "flock" call to
create a locking
file dependen on the page being generatd in a two-step algorythm. So
there are two
locks per created page - reason is mostly that the first lock if for
generating the
"currentPageData" cached value in cache_pagesection ...
the second lock is for generating the cachedPage...

if two clients access the same page/parameters simultanously the first
hit will create
a lock on a file - the second request will then be interrupted (blocked)
till the page
is generated - after generating the page it get's served to the first
client (which
initiated the generating) ... and the second process gets not blocked
anymore and
delivers the page from the cache (in which it got stored by the first
process) ...

so in fact if 10 clients access the same page simulatuosly all of them
will just get
the blank screen which is normal for IE/FF when a page is loaded. when
it is generated
all of those clients will get the generated page from the cache in
almost the same
time ...

I also wondered why the association would not sponsor 400,00 Euros for
such a task.
I mean they are financing much of 5.0 development - so it should be ok
for them to
sponsor a small project improving the performance of 4.x series ...

PS Steve: When you try to use the test-scripts/frames you have to
uncompress those
three files to the same website/webroot which you are going to test ...
FF (and IE?)
do not allow to set the URL of an iframe to some URL which is not on the
same domain
(at least not via JS) ...

greets,
Bernhard