[TYPO3-dev] Finding Updates in Manuals

Daniel Bruessler info at -remove-patchworking.de
Fri Jan 25 10:44:27 CET 2008

Hi michael,

I tested the compare-feature of OpenOffice 2.3.1 and two manuals: TSref
and pear.

The diff works for:
* changes in texts
* changes in headers
* changes in code-blocks

The diff has problems when something has changed within a table. Then
it's double: First the new one, then the old one.

=> For general extension manuals it's OK to use the .sxw-document to
compare. For big tables like TSref it's OK to save both (version 4.0 and
4.1) as "Text .txt" and compare that.

Examples:
* JSMENUITEM was on page 122, now on page 130
* stat_apache_niceTitle now boolean, not string
* baseURL without trailing slash

Cheers!
Daniel