[TYPO3-dev] Eclipse Newbie

Stefan Geith typo3dev2008.nospam1 at geithware.de
Thu Jan 24 11:05:43 CET 2008

Hi Devs,

Thanks for all your answers and comments !
Seems to be, that i takes some time to get familiar with Eclipse...

-----

So this helped me:

Ingo Renner:
"Don't use PHPeclipse, get PDT: http://www.eclipse.org/pdt"
"I have a single workspace containing all project...."

Dmitry Dulepov:
"I liked subclipse more. Subversive was much slower ..."

Marcus Krause:
"For version-control I use subclipse"

Gijs Epping:
"And in addition to this your remote editting tool(ssh, sft):
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/tutorial/"
Comment: I don't understand RSE & TM yet ... hope this will get clearer
  somewhen ...

Oliver Klee:
"By the way, I blogged about this a few weeks ago:"
<http://www.oliology.de/2007/11/eclipse.html>
Comment: This helped most - important settings and urls

------

So the next step for me will be to use Eclipse somehow
like a 'better' editor to get more familiar with it.

The next steps will be:
- Understanding RSE (seems to be a way to edit files via ssh ?)
- Installation and Usage of Xdebug

------

And finaly - to quote Francois Suter:
"So +1 to that. Heck, +2 I'm raising both hands" for an eclipse session
for T3DD08 =)

------

Best reagrds from Würzburg, Germany,

     Stefan