[TYPO3-dev] t3editor: performance issue

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Wed Jan 23 22:52:10 CET 2008

"Tobias Liebig" <tobias at work.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1201123431.5240.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Christoph Blömer schrieb:
>> Tobias Liebig schrieb:
>>> For me: 400 Lines of TS-Code
>>>  1-2 seconds until the editor is loades
>>>  12 seconds until all lines are colored
>>>
>> For me: 496 Lines of TS-Code:
>> 1-2 seconds until the editor is loaded
>> 75 seconds until all lines are colored
>>
>> Maybe it's possible to render the viewport first?
>>
>> Greetings
>> Christoph
>>

> Hej Christoph,
>
> thanks for your response..
> 75 seconds are pretty long. I hope i can decrease this.
>
> I like the idea you suggest to render the current viewport first. I will
> do some research on this.
>
> thanks
>   tobias
>
> (more feedbacks on this are still wellcome!)

Hi Tobias,

don't hesitate, i know long times for rendering from other JS Highllighters
as well.
When i work in BE with the editor, this is something i can live with, if the
editor gives me a good working feeling.
So i would concentrate on the automatism a writer needs like autocomplete,
autoindent, automatic bracket closing, highlight closing bracket when curser
is before open bracket, autoformating source (indenting).

I know this is all hard stuff, but this is well known from offline editors.
If i would have more time i would support you more, please go on with the
editor, the people love this feature !

vg  Steffen