[TYPO3-dev] render content or not based on user input

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 09:34:56 CET 2008

Hi there,

On Jan 22, 2008 9:06 AM, media.res | Alex Widschwendter
<a.widschwendter at mediares.at> wrote:
> hi
> > media.res | Alex Widschwendter wrote:
> >> maybe you have a hint for concerning the following problem. i'm
> >> implementing content localization based on ip2location service.
> >>
> >> i have a dropdown for all content elements defining for which country
> >> the content element should be shown.
> >>
> >> first idea was to hook in the enablefields query. but this seems to be
> >> cached so it doesn't work.
> >>
> >> does anybody know a hook where i can define if a CE is outputted or not?
> >>
> >> current working solution is a condition userfunc. depending on the
> >> result i modify the styles.content.get TS object. as said it works but
> >> is not really sexy.
> >
> > Record are selected by TS from css styled content. If you take a look
> > into TS object browser, it may give you ideas.
>
> thx for your answer. i see no way doing it with ts. so i was code
> hunting for a while yesterday, but without real success.
>
> cheers

It's hard to give really specific advice since I don't really
understand what you're doing, but both the conventional multilanguage
setups, and 'printable' pages are examples of showing different
content or changing the way it's displayed based on user input.

In case it helps, there's a full print-link setup here:
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/samples/tv-print-link/

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/