[TYPO3-dev] Soution: Page is being generated

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Tue Jan 22 01:07:28 CET 2008

Hallo !

I think I found a solution for the well-known and annoying problem that
in some situtations you get a:

"Page is being generated"

message when requesting cached-pages. For non-cached pages this problem
does not exist. But for cached pages in some cases this "message" gets
generated - some people even think it is some kind of "error message".

It took me more than 8 hours now to create a solution for this problem.
And as I have to finance my work and do not have many well paid projects
I would like to ask if some of you were interested in paying this efforts.
I think 400,- Euro would be ok.

When I started to debug this problem I first created a test-environment.
You can download it from here:

http://think-open.org/kraftb/index/t3_cachetest.tar.gz

included are three html files:
* cachetest.html
* loaded.html
* info.html

Just copy those three to the web-root of your typo3-installation - and open
"cachetest.html" with a browser.

You'll see two input fields, a message area and a button (<a tag>). You have
to fill in the URL of your website into the URL field - and an amount of
time into
the upper field ...

normally some value between 500 and 2000 should be required. The script
is loading
the start-page of your website into the left-frame - and then after the
given delay it
loads the start-page a second time into the right-frame ....

try this a few times - you can click the button again after both frames
have loaded.
and try to vary the delay (upper input field) - and in some situations
you will get a
"Page is being generated" message in the right frame (Of course only if
your startpage
isn't set to "no_cache") ...

if you experience this problem - and are willing to contribute then it
should be enough
if 4 people could each sponsor 100 euros - And I could release a
test-version for fixing
this problem - as it took quite some time solving this problem and this
behaviour is
known since early versionf of TYPO3.

I would also take care to get this feature into the core.

greets,
Bernhard