[TYPO3-dev] Translation-Help needed for mail-Extension

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jan 21 16:45:31 CET 2008

Hi!

Mischa Heißmann wrote:
> my collegue and I, we are currently programming a new mailform-extension
> called powermail For this ext, we would like to provide as many languages as
> possible. English and German is included yet, so we like to ask you to help
> us translating our ext eg. into French, Danish, Spanish and many more.

This should be done through translation server. Having translations in extensions is discouraged because users have to download much bigger extension than they could. For example, Germans need German but not Latvian, while I need Latvian and never German. So I do not want to get extensions with German included because it only eats space.

Translations should go to language packs.

If your extension is in TER, it can be put to translation server and all official translators will have access to translate it.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team