[TYPO3-dev] Replacing/disabling Core Toolbar Items...

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Sun Jan 20 11:37:59 CET 2008

Stig Nørgaard Færch wrote:

Hi Stig,

> So my which is that it should be possible to replace the Core Toolbar
> Items somehow.
> Or it should be possible to disable a Core Toolbar Item and add another
> one through an extension in the same spot as the disabled one.

first you need to register a file from your extension this hook:
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['typo3/backend.php']['additionalBackendItems']
(add your file as a new array entry)

then you can add new toolbar items using
$GLOBALS['TYPO3backend']->addToolbarItem($toolbarItemName,
$toolbarItemClassReference)

you can use the same method to overwrite existing (core) toolbar items.
just use the same $toolbarItemName as the item you want to replace.

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner