[TYPO3-dev] Thoughts about security in BE

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Jan 18 12:46:37 CET 2008

Marcus Krause schrieb:

> - Password changes to user accounts requires old/current password

Possible (Core change).

> - before using extension phpmyadmin you should explicitely requested to
> insert current password

I'd use a specific password for the tool, not the user's password (or
perhaps both). Anyway this is a change of the ext which is not mainted by
the Core team as isn't a sysext any more.

> - before installing extensions with ext-manager you should explicitely
> requested to insert current password

Possible (Core change).

As I undertsand you want to protect the BE against hijacking of an admin
session. Is this correct?

Masi