[TYPO3-dev] About bugs #3527 Mail Form validation: solution of wrong UTF-8 chars in JS pop-up

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Jan 17 21:56:09 CET 2008

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> People using MSIE 5.5 are used to see crap on most Webpages - shall we
> really support that ones? Same for old NS-users.
> Webdesigners have enough work to support IE 6/7, Safari,Opera,FF and
> Konquerer.

Support for 5.5 in FE was discussed a year ago I think. But no one really tests 5.5. SOmetimes we do not even test MSIE at all, which is not correct given the fact that it is used by 75% of Internet users. But most developers use Macs or Linux.

I am in favor of dropping&forgetting 5.5 forever.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team