[TYPO3-dev] floats in Database

Stefan Beylen typo3 at we-make.net
Wed Jan 16 19:43:56 CET 2008

hi,

my second question today, sorry for bothering

I want to store the longitude and latitude of certain points on earth,
problem is that when I choose advanced string in kickstarter and choose
float then it makes it a double2, having 2 decimal positions (eg. x.xx).

as coordinates have more than 2 decimal positions I'd like to know if
there is a way to store them with more decimal positions in the
database. reason for this is to make <>= comparisons directly in mysql.

thx for help!