[TYPO3-dev] Separate Backend & Frontend Installation

Stefan Beylen typo3 at we-make.net
Wed Jan 16 18:56:04 CET 2008

Hi,

my client is very concerned about (currently unknown) security issues.

so I was thinking about making 2 separate installs, one for
backend/frontend use with r/w-access to the database and one just for
frontend use with readonly access to tt_content, pages, be_users,
whatever and r/w access to cache tables and others necessary.

the uploads, fileadmin, typo3conf & typo3temp would be symlinked of course.

does anyone see a problem with this approach? did I forget anything
important or did not think of any other problems that could occur?

the frontend/backend instance would not be reachable from outside, just
from local network of course...

thx for helping