[TYPO3-dev] Custom Maintenance Pages

Daniel Pötzinger operation-lan at gmx.de
Sun Jan 13 23:18:34 CET 2008

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
>>>
>>> If I remember correctly this page is created before template is
>>> ready. If it is true and I am not mistaken, it means you cannot have
>>> localization or anu other TYPO3 feature for this page.
>>
>> Right.
>>
>>> Normally this page should never be seen. If it does, it means
>>> something went wrong: segfault in Apache, etc. This message is never
>>> shown under normal conditions.
>>
>> Not quite. The page is also displayed under normal circumstances if
>> two people hit the page at nearly the same time.
>>
>> It then goes like this:
>> - User 1 hits the page
>>   -> A flag indicating that the page is now being generated is stored to
>>      the cache
>>   -> Page generation is started
>> - User 2 hits the page
>>   -> It is checked whether the page is alreay in the cache, but only the
>>      page is being generated flag is returned
>>   -> Page is being generated message is output, with 30 sec refresh time
>> - In the mean time the page generation triggered by User 1 is ready and
>>   written to the cache -> Content is output to User 1
>> - After the 30 seconds User 2 tries to refresh and now gets the real
>>   page from the cache -> Content is output to him (User 2)
>
> Sorry for hijacking, but I have a problem on a newly deployed site that
> revolves around this behaviour. Despite super-low traffic the 30 sec.
> error pops up again and again for no apparently reason. You get the
> error every 5 clicks in the FE although you're alone on the server (I
> know because it's during development).
>
> System: PHP5, Windows, IIS and an untuned Mysql.
>
> Any ideas?
I got this error sometimes if some weird extension chrashes for some
reasons: The process that was started to write in the cache comes never
to end. Maybe the old game "deinstall all extensions and install them
one by one" helps....

(Maybe also the adminpanel log helps finding out whats going on and what
process may need too long)