[TYPO3-dev] Generated files thorugh IM are to big in filesize - what can be done?

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Sun Jan 13 14:21:33 CET 2008

Hi Steffen,

> no, it's not used by default.
> You can use it in your image configuration:

well, I think it should, as it will increase the loading speed of a
website and really doesn't harm. Or there should at least be a field in
the install tool, where default IM/GM parameters can be added.

> 10 = IMAGE
> 10.file = xxx
> 10.file.params = -strip

Ok, I used the according parameter for GM, but the filesize still is to
big - that was not the problem as it seems. Any other ideas? I don't get
it, how to JPG files using the same compression setting can that much
differ in filesize.

--
Greetings,
Franz