[TYPO3-dev] Generated files thorugh IM are to big in filesize - what can be done?

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Sat Jan 12 15:59:27 CET 2008

Hi guys,

I noticed that thumbnails etc. generated by Typo3 resp. IM or GM are to
big in filesize, compared to files saved with other programs like
Photoshop or any other image tool.

Example:
A 100x100px jpg file created with IM or GM is about 16 kb, when I open
this file and save it with Photoshop, the file is about 5 kb. I use the
same compression settings (65) for both.
What can be the reason, or what can be done to get smaller files in
filesize, except of reducing the quality settings lower for IM or GD
(which would cause really crappy images). There has to be something
causing this. Is there a sharpening of the images somewhere?

--
Greetings,
Franz