[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 4.alpha2: IE 7 has an error when clicking on edit icon of a CE in BE

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Tue Jan 8 11:54:44 CET 2008

Hello devs,

in t3 4.alpha2 (and some of yesterday's revisions in trunk) IE 7 throws
an error, when I click on the edit icon of some CE in the BE:
Line 3753, Object required. If I ignore that error, the CE gets loaded,
and everything seems to work fine. The error only occurs if the CE in
question contains RTE-fields.
Can anyone reproduce this error? If so, I would put it into BT. My
system: Windows XPpro SP2 and IE 7.0.5730.11.

Further notes: If I start the MS Debug mode I end up in function pointer
of prototype.js. If I click myself through the single steps, I finally
end up in clickmenu.js, function calcMousePosEvent.

Prosit, Uschi