[TYPO3-dev] Adding PDF as attachment in div::htmlmail problems.

Sacha Ligthert sacha at ligthert.net
Mon Jan 7 22:17:48 CET 2008

Hello Typo3 folks,

I am coding for my extension again and I want to add a PDF as attachment
to a htmlmail instance.
Upon receiving the mail I can't seem to open a PDF successfully.

Browsing through the code addAttachment() function it can't seem to find
the proper mimecode (which is determined by the underlying function)
where it diverts to mime type application/octent-stream. Where in the
case of PDF it should be application/pdf. Even hacking in the code
results in a corrupted PDF file.

Does anybody here know a properway to include PDF files in mailes sent
with htmlmail without breaking the PDF?

Greetings,

Sacha Ligthert