[TYPO3-dev] HowTo: Running a cronscript using TYPO3 with CLI

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Fri Jan 4 08:43:07 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> it's very easy, here is a very very basic one
> ===============================
> create BE user _cli_cronjob
>
> in ext_localconf.php:
> //register key for cli
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SC_OPTIONS']['GLOBAL']['cliKeys']['mycliscript']=
> array('EXT:myext/croncli.php','_CLI_cronjob');
>
> the croncli.php:
>
> if (!defined('TYPO3_cliMode')) die('You cannot run this script directly!');
>
> require_once(PATH_t3lib.'class.t3lib_cli.php');
>
> class tx_myjobs extends t3lib_cli {
>
>  function main($argv) {
>   $args = $this->cli_getArgArray('-f',$argv);
>   print_r($args);
>  }
> }
>
>  // Call the functionality
> $myObj = t3lib_div::makeInstance('tx_myjobs');
> $myObj->main($_SERVER["argv"]);
> ===============================
>
> then call it on console:
> /var/www/.../typo3/cli_dispatch.phpsh mycliscript -f hello
>
> works.
>
> vg  Steffen
>
> "Steffen Ritter" <info at rs-websystems.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1199387764.1420.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>>> "Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]" <ernst at cron-it.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>> news:mailman.1.1199376508.29585.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

>>> I found something usable:
>>> t3lib_cli::cli_getArgArray($option,$argv)
>>>
>>> i will test a bit with this and may be make a demo-ext, thx for your
>>> hints.
>>>
>>> vg  Steffen
>> Fascinated by your discussion i tried the hole afternoon to create an own
>> CLI Script using the cli_dispath.php.
>> Against the information in
>> typo3/sysext/lowlevel/HOWTO_clean_up_TYPO3_installations.txt it does not
>> work as written in this Document. At the moment I'm going throug all files
>> which are included while CLI and checking what happens.
>> When finished I will report what I had to do, and publish some kind of
>> "Howto"...
>>
>> mfG
>>
>> Steffen

Okay, this looks quite good. The HowTo tells to extend the
lowlevel_core, which did not work. The rest of my work is like your
explenaiton. So i gonna change my classes, and will tell, what happened.

PRobably there should be a Howto on typo3.org or a possibility to start
CLI Interface in Kickstarter.
If I gonna publish one or both of this, how should I talk to for use?

mfG

Steffen