[TYPO3-dev] indexed search and Mysql FULL TEXT index

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Fri Feb 29 23:24:37 CET 2008

Hi!

It seems that we get some low level support for Mysql full text indices.
That is the EM will be able to create them if requested.

Maybe this is the right time to use full text indices for the indexed
search (if DBAL is not loaded *). I think there are better data
structures for the search but at least it will speed up the standard
"search within word".

I know that there is a patch or an extension around. How about getting
this in working condition?

Masi

* Ideally the indexed search would be able to determine if it's tables
are stored in a Mysql server.