[TYPO3-dev] indexed search

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Feb 29 11:53:08 CET 2008

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> I'm not sure about. Why is that important that the package is as small as
> possible? I would say it's important that it's as complete as possible, and
> if we see all this questions about configuring indexed_search, the manual is
> important.

"Because we are not Windows" (c) do-not-remember-who-from-community :D

"Complete" would include also all extensions from TER.

Indexed search is used sometimes but it is prety heavy thing. It does not work well from performance view (and it cannot really be imporoved). So it is not used everywhere. I even do not see why it is included as sysext.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team