[TYPO3-dev] 4.2 and mount pages. Can somebody reproduce this?

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Mon Feb 25 18:37:45 CET 2008

Hey guys,

I am testing the new beta TYPO3 4.2b2a on a website where I have the
following setup

- Page 1
- Page 2
   - Page 3
   - Page 4
   - Page 5
- Page 6

So, I set "Page 6" to doktype Mount page and point it to Page 2, so
basically Page 2 and all its subpages is replicated at Page 6. Page 6 is
completely removed when setting the "Substitute Page" (mount_pid_ol) flag.

I get this

- Page 1
- Page 2
   - Page 3
   - Page 4
   - Page 5
- Page 2
   - Page 3
   - Page 4
   - Page 5

on the website. Works perfect. So, if I remove the checkbox for the
"mount_pid_ol", I should get this result

- Page 1
- Page 2
   - Page 3
   - Page 4
   - Page 5
- Page 6
   - Page 3
   - Page 4
   - Page 5

But when I click on the subpages for Page 6, I get this error:
"The requested page didn't have a proper connection to the tree-root!
(No moint point record found according to PID in MP var)"

The URL looks like this
index.php?id=4&MP=2-

but it should look like this:
index.php?id=4&MP=2-6

The problem is that it worked in 4.1 and now it does not work anymore.
IMHO this is almost a showstopper, (if it is really reproducable) as it
does not work as I wouldn't encourage anybody of my clients to update
(as it is way harder to downgrade again).

So, could somebody test this please?

--
greetings,
benni.