[TYPO3-dev] getting data out of flexForm structure

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Feb 24 21:03:21 CET 2008

Hi!

Dr. Ronald P. Steiner wrote:
> basically instead of:
> $this->pi_initPIflexForm();
> $piFlexForm = $this->cObj->data['pi_flexform'];
>

> $piFlexForm = t3lib_div::xml2array($flexForm);

If you do it in your own plugin, you should use pi_initPIflexForm, not xml2array directly. If anything changes in plugin flexforms, pi_initPIflexform will take that into account. This is the purpose of API. Using API instead of inventing the wheel is a part of good extension.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team