[TYPO3-dev] Datetime bug in 4.2

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 23:09:16 CET 2008

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I think we have a blocking bug for 4.2 :( Sometimes (unclear yet why and
> when) TYPO3 calculates datetime values absolutely incorrectly. There is
> a bug report about it (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7372). I have
> PHP 5.2.5 on Mac and 5.2.5 on SuSE. Mac works ok, SuSE does not. Don;t
> ask me why, I am in complete darkness about it :(
>
> Sympthoms: any datetime checkbox near datetime value shows correct time
> when just checked. After saving record, datetime in the record jumps
> 2+1=3 hours ahead (2h is my timezone, looks like added by functions
> inside jsfunc.tbe_editor.js; 1 hour is server timezone setting in
> install tool, added on line 1119 in t3lib/class.t3lib_tceforms.php,
> which is totally wrong thing to do!).
>
> Problem does not happen in 4.1. Problem does not happen for records,
> added by FE plugins (like comments). So it is obviously BE bug.
>
> Solution: I experimented for three hours and finally removed all "UTC"
> substrings from t3lib/jsfunc.evalfield.js and getTimezoneOffset() calls
> from the same file and typo3/jsfunc.tbe_editor.js. Also commented
> timezone code in tceforms (which must not be there at all, see
> description of the timezone var!!!). As a result BE works as expected
> again.
>
> Anyone has objections about removing timezone handling from TYPO3
> JS&tceforms (see the patch)? I do not send this as RFC to core list yet
> because I am not sure while all this UTC handling was added in 4.2. But
> it obviously does not work properly: editor sets value to 22:35 today
> and after saving it becomes 1:35 tomorrow. Oops...
>
> (Copying this message directly to Michael & Ingo because I think it is
> extremely important. Please, send replies to the list)

I suggest you cross or re-post this to the t.p.calendar newsgroup as
well. It sounds like some of the changes from from bug 1697 [1] (which
*do* work at least in TYPO3 4.1.1 if you apply the patch) may have been
broken or may be interacting badly with other changes.

I agree that if there are date problems it should be considered a block.

Christopher Torgalson / bedlamhotel at gmail.com

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1697