[TYPO3-dev] FlexForm Help

Osipov Dan dosipov at phillyburbs.com
Wed Feb 20 18:37:08 CET 2008

So has no one else had a need to do something like this? Is there no method in flexform to allow this?
Where would I look to extend the flexform to make this happen?

I have a simple flexform with two fields. The first one is dynamic, and is populated by an external function. Upon change the form is reloaded. The second is also dynamic, but is based on the value of the first field. How do I achieve that?

Here is a clipping from the XML code defining the structure:
        <dynField1>
          <TCEforms>
           <label>Widget Type</label>
           <config>
            <type>select</type>
            <items type="array">
                <numIndex index="0" type="array">
                    <numIndex index="0">Select One Bellow</numIndex>
                    <numIndex index="1">0</numIndex>
                </numIndex>
            </items>
             <itemsProcFunc>tx_pbwidgetlibrary_addFieldsToFlexForm->listWidgets</itemsProcFunc>
           </config>
           <onChange>reload</onChange>
           </TCEforms>
        </dynField1>
        <dynField2>
          <TCEforms>
           <label>Saved settings</label>
           <config>
            <type>select</type>
            <items type="array">
                <numIndex index="0" type="array">
                    <numIndex index="0"></numIndex>
                    <numIndex index="1">0</numIndex>
                </numIndex>
            </items>
             <itemsProcFunc>tx_pbwidgetlibrary_addFieldsToFlexForm->listSettings</itemsProcFunc>
           </config>
           </TCEforms>
        </dynField2>

Thanks!