[TYPO3-dev] Encryption of the fe_users table (not just passwords).

Sacha Ligthert sacha at ligthert.net
Wed Feb 20 16:14:51 CET 2008

Hi List,

For a project I am planning as an intern (to finally finish my school)
there is the requirement that personal and transaction information
should be encrypted as much as possible. One (logical) place to store
personal information are in the fe_users fields.

I am wondering, is there a sound way to encrypt all fields (except
uid,pid,crtime, etc) in the table fe_users without breaking extensions
dependent on this table (for example: sr_feuser_register)?

Greetings,

Sacha Ligthert