[TYPO3-dev] About empty cHash

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Feb 19 20:38:15 CET 2008

Hi Steffen,

> If you are in pi1 and want to use links for pi2 you can use a simple trick:
>
> $this->prefixId      = 'tx_myext_pi2';
> ...(do pi_linkTP) ...
> $this->prefixId      = 'tx_myext_pi1';

Interesting trick, but the problem is that I don't use pi_linkTP or any
other such functions. Links on each keyword of the tag cloud are defined
using the typolink parameter of the stdWrap that is applied to each
keyword. This gives a lot of flexibility to the solution, but I think
the drawback is that it does not generate cHash cache. Unless I set
useCacheHash = 1 in the typolink, but that does put the cHash parameter
in the URL, which I would rather avoid.

>> One solution I found is to set to true the property useCacheHash of the
>> typolink, but this means I have the cHash in the URL, which I would rather
>> avoid. Is there any way around this?
>>
> setting this in typolink will force to calculate a cHash. But if target is
> not cached it's nonsense.

No, no, the target is cached indeed. So it makes sense. And solves the
problem. It's just that there's this &cHash=... added to my URLs which
doesn't look very nice. If it's the only solution then be it, but I
wanted to ask for advice before giving up on that.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter