[TYPO3-dev] About empty cHash

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Feb 19 18:08:03 CET 2008

Hi all,

I have made an extension which relies on 2 plugins (it's vge_tagcloud).
The first plugin (pi1) builds a tag cloud, the second (pi2) displays a
list of pages related to each keyword. The keyword and the related
pages' uid are passed as piVars in the URL pointing to the page where
pi2 is located.

pi2 is a cached USER object and has $pi_checkCHash = true;

However this is apparently not sufficient to avoid the empty cHash
problem. As far as I understand (after re-reading The mysteries of cHash
and looking around the mailing lists), this is because the cHash of the
links are not stored in the cache table. The reason - as I understand it
- is because the links are generated in pi1 but point to pi2. The links
are generated inside a stdWrap property inside pi1, which means I'm not
calling some of the tslib_pibase methods where one can tell that the
cHash should be stored.

One solution I found is to set to true the property useCacheHash of the
typolink, but this means I have the cHash in the URL, which I would
rather avoid. Is there any way around this?

I was thinking of generating all the links for the tag cloud even if
they are not used directly (because the links are done from inside the
stdWrap), but at least all the cHashes would be stored. Is there a more
elegant way?

Thanks for any pointers

--

Francois Suter