[TYPO3-dev] Euro sign with utf8

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat Feb 16 16:17:11 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

> nice to hear that something is planned. I do a lot of this stuff in
> nntpreader but i had to learn by experience because most code i looked at
> used raw methods. Even PEAR classes get wrong with embedded attachements,
> and the imap-functions are not often used and incomplete.
> So i know how difficult it is to parse mime mails and fetching all parts
> correctly.
> I'm really interested in a class like t3lib_readmail.

It's already there, but it's seldom used and not well known.

And yes, mails are hard to read. There are quite a number of ways to
create MIME mails and there are many broken mail clients that don't
adhere to the standards. And to make it more funny there is stuff like
Apple-Double and apple-Single for attachments (oh my).

Masi