[TYPO3-dev] PDT PHP web page

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri Feb 15 00:47:22 CET 2008

Hi Dan,

>"Osipov Dan" <dosipov at phillyburbs.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>news:mailman.832.1203018609.5943.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>In index.php I had to replace this line:
>define('PATH_site', dirname(PATH_thisScript).'/');
>with this:
>define('PATH_site', str_replace('\\', '', dirname(PATH_thisScript)).'/');

i'll gice it a try.

>So far, I've mostly worked on the FE, to understand how pages are created
>in Typo3. How do you debug the BE? Are there any problems with the frames?
>Or do you >set the breakpoint, and then run the debugger through the
>browser?

exactly. I start from typo3/index.php and set breakpoints. So i can stop at
every point in BE and see which modules are loaded etc.
Sometimes i also explore and go with "step out" through the loaded files and
search for good breakpoints for inspecting.
But i always do this on a local windows running wampp.

vg  Steffen