[TYPO3-dev] Euro sign with utf8

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Thu Feb 14 13:29:35 CET 2008

"Steffen Kamper" <steffen at sk-typo3.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1202989661.20229.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi,
>
> what a simple thing usally, but i'm not able to render it on a site with
> old MySQL(4.0)
> All is set to utf8, i have a textfield "Price" with content eg "750 ?"
>
> Value in database is saved correct, but printing it out in FE i get only
> questionmark.
> (All other Umlauts are correct)
>
> I googlet for it but didn't found a solution. Masi? :-)
>
> vg  Steffen

solved.
The site isn't in utf8, and in Template there was
config.metaCharset = utf-8
config.additionalHeaders = Content-Type:text/html;charset=utf-8

which is definitive wrong. Removing this fixed the output, i have my
Eurosign.
Strange that Umlauts where rendered correct with this setting.

vg  Steffen