[TYPO3-dev] tt_news : orphan extension ?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Feb 13 11:48:17 CET 2008

Hi!

Franz Koch wrote:
> Well, see it from that point. When you start rewriting it from scratch
> in a MVC pattern, or probably even based on FLOW3, you already have half
> of the work done for the news extension for v5.

I see no point writing anything for v5 now. I do not think it is anywhere near to be used on any real site, so I do not want to spend time on anything theoretical. MVC is not as common as traditional approach, so if I ever start writing new news extension, I will do do it in traditional TYPO3 way. I have absolutely practical approaches, not scientific.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team