[TYPO3-dev] tt_news : orphan extension ?

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Tue Feb 12 23:33:02 CET 2008

"Patrick Gaumond" <patrick at typo3quebec.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1202849131.24538.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> We all know that tt_news is the Swiss knife of extensions, one of the most
> documented and feature rich extension. But sadly without a driver in the
> last year...
>
> I'm not blaming our friend Rupi which gave blood and sweat on this one.
>
> I've contacted Rupper (with copy to Ingo Renner) without any luck. The
> newsgroup as not a single mail by Ruppi since February 2007. Yes 1 year
> ago.
>
> This extension is the most popular non-core extension...
>
> And the Bugtracker lists more than 300 issues/features...
>
> Again I'm not throwing rocks at Rupert, I'm trying to "fix" the situation.
>
> Any suggestion on the next steps ?
>
> Patrick

it would be nice if bugs are removed, there are some in BT, i also posted
one or two with patches.
Nice that Dmitry takes care of (wow, Dmitry you get more and more to look at
:) ), and Ingo's proposal for a team that looks to the popular but
"lonesome" extensions is a good one, hope that it will work.

vg  Steffen