[TYPO3-dev] Anybody here good in JS, Prototype and so on? (Date2Cal)

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Mon Feb 11 09:47:41 CET 2008

Hello,
by now I'm digging into the Date2Cal error in T3 4.2...
Since I'm not familiar which such structures prototype and complex JS
objects create I have a question If the following behaviour is correct,
or should be followed up...

The functions creating the Cal-Object ask for a variable
this.option with a Child Object calendarOptions
The functions are crashing because of a fault in initializing these
objects, variables are not set.
BUT within this.option it exists an this.option._object which is a
complete clone of this option, but initialized.
So information asked by the Script could be found in this.option._object
and this.option._object.calendarOptions.

This.options is set with following "monster":
this.options =
Object.clone(Object.extend(Object.clone(DatetimeToolbocks.DefaultOptions),
$H(options) || {}));

I interpret this as initialize with DefaultOptions. But what is $H?
And why do I have this _object child with holds the correct setup?

Probably anybody can say something short and clearing about some
construction.

regards

Steffen