[TYPO3-dev] Announcing TYPO3 4.2 Beta 1a

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Fri Feb 8 11:38:08 CET 2008

Franz Koch wrote:

Hi Franz,

> When I saw that the form fields of the pages are now divided into tabs,
> I was hoping that this will also happen for tt_content records as there
> is/was a patch available (from Steffen I think) for quite some time now
> and it would have made sense in order to provide a consistent backend
> handling. Now that there is feature freeze, I suppose this patch will
> not make it into 4.2 anymore - or is this more a kind of 'bugfix' for a
> consistent look and feel?

depends, my personal feeling is that we would exaggerate it when adding
tabs to tt_content, too as there aren't that many fields that can be
grouped or that a common across all page types, especially now that we
also removed the "advanced" and "not in menu" types.

> some more questions:
> - will the icons in the module headers return again?

which ones do you mean?

> - are modifications to the backend skin (CSS) still allowed?

sure. I'll probably put some documentation together in March when I
finished my Master Thesis

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner