[TYPO3-dev] Flexforms and languages

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Thu Feb 7 18:58:51 CET 2008

Hi,

> So i would expect following behavior:
> if looking to default language flexform should be shown in default language
> if page is translated to second language and you switch view to languages,
> flexform should show language of the column only.

Well, that's exactly what you get with langDisable=1...

As far as I understand, it goes that way: with langDisable=1 you have to
create a translation of the content element for each language. On the
other hand, if langDisable=0, all languages are contained for each
content element, so you wouldn't translate the content element. Both
behaviours are possible, but most of the time langDisable=1 makes more
sense IMHO.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter