[TYPO3-dev] Extension depending on minimum version of other extension

Christian Lerrahn (Cerebrum) christian.lerrahn at cerebrum.com.au
Thu Feb 7 06:36:58 CET 2008

Hi,
I'm running into the problem that my extensions requires a minimum
version of another extension to run. This is due to API constraints.
However, it seems impossible to require a certain version (range) in
the ext_emconf.php but I can only give an extension key.
Also, it might be useful to be able to have dependencies that are
exclusive or where only either one or the other is required.

Am I right that everything above is impossible? If yes, is there any
way to change that in future versions?

Cheers,
Christian