[TYPO3-dev] Several extensions do not work with 4.2/PHP 5.2.x

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Feb 6 11:12:39 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:

>> I'm sure there will be some more fixes needed, however it gives us a
>> chance to identify a lot of unnoticed problems. I'm sure more info will
>> follow by Ingo in the upcoming announcements...
>
> i didn't digged into the changes there, but i don't understand why there
> is no casting. This is a central point and would it make more easy than
> changing all other places in core & extensions.

You mean in t3lib_div::_GET()?

Well, if you request a GET parameter which does not exist, the consequence
will be that false has to be returned. Also, think of the possibility that
this particular function can also return strings.
So there is nothing wrong with it, the developer has to deal with it.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out