[TYPO3-dev] Several extensions do not work with 4.2/PHP 5.2.x

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Feb 6 10:47:54 CET 2008

Malte Jansen wrote:

> there severeal extensions, which don't work with Typo3 4.2 or PHP 5.2.x.
> In my test-evirement it works fine with trunk. But if you are using new
> installation, they throw errors.
>
> * DAM (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7368)
> * t3quixplorer (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7374)
>
> So there seems to be some change in the PHP-array functions...
>
> I think there will be several more extension, which won't work...

Yes, likely. The problem is that t3lib_div functions who work with arrays
will now only except this type of parameter. For example, you cannot call
t3lib_div::array_merge($param1,$param2) with an empty string as $param2. It
must explicitely be an array, so you have to force it if you're not sure:

$newArray = t3lib_div::array_merge($oldArray, (array)t3lib_div::_GET('xx'));

I'm sure there will be some more fixes needed, however it gives us a chance
to identify a lot of unnoticed problems. I'm sure more info will follow by
Ingo in the upcoming announcements...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out