[TYPO3-dev] What features from roadmap/wiki will make it in 4.2?

Vladimir Podkovanov podkovanov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 07:53:02 CET 2008

Hello,
I also have a question on 4.2:

Recently on bugtracker I saw old comment that tx_impexp should be
rewritten in 4.2. Is it still the case?

IMHO import/export deserve to work on as I found many bugs on using
import/export in conjaction with IRRE records. Last time when I tried
to import file with bunch of 100 IRRE records (with 3 nested levels)
it was just imposible because of memory exhausted. After quick look
inside the tx_impexp code I found that a method (singleRecordLines or
addRelations) getting called 173410 times! just for those 100 records.
So since IRRE is part of core now I think impexp should be handled
properly.

2008/2/5, Franz Koch <typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de>:
> Hi list,
>
> the roadmap for 4.2 is announcing quite a few nice new features planned
> for the release of 4.2. Many of them would be a real enrichment for
> TYPO3, like the new form wizard combined with the improved form
> rendering. Will this make it in 4.2? Current SVN doesn't seem to have
> any changes in that direction (at least not visible in BE) and the wiki
> also doesn't tell anything about it :(
>
> And how about improved FE editing. Will it finally work with templavoila
> and transfer the flexpointer?
>
> Any news on that? Thanks.

-rgds-
Vladimir