[TYPO3-dev] use exceptions instead of die()?

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Mon Feb 4 00:13:32 CET 2008

"Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:mailman.1.1202074638.6844.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> There are a few places where TYPO3 die()'s. That's pretty ugly. How about
> throwing exceptions and using a default exception handler to catch them.
> For starters it could simply output the error message, but we could add
> some layout etc to it.
>
> Masi

Hi,

i followed discussion in core list and a general +1 for using exceptions (as
they are still in, see ModuleMenu).
die() is just uncool and leads to questionmarks :-)

Imho there should be a exception handler to choose next step. If exception
is critical, it should be stopped with a more descriptive error message.

vg  Steffen