[TYPO3-dev] new installer - old installer

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sun Feb 3 20:06:25 CET 2008

Hi folks,

>> i vote for default install of install_old too with new releases until
>> installer is finished and has full options.
>> So when installing a new version, the selector allows to use old
>> installer.
>>
>> Otherwise we will have many postings after release how to activate old
>> installer.
>
> I agree.

I understand your concern and your frustration, however I am worried
that if we wait for a 100% full feature-set we will never get the new
install tool into 4.2 or get insufficiently tested.

What would you say are a minimum that you would want to see for the new
install tool to be usable, if not perfect?

I don't know if Thomas will have time to commit something for beta1, but
I fear not since he has been sick all week-end. I don't know what he has
added, but I know I have completed the database compare and static
import features and all graphics checks. Thomas just sent me a work done
by Malte Jansen for the update scripts, but I haven't had yet time to
check it out. Otherwise I think we need to run an inventory on all
configuration options to make sure none is missing.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter