[TYPO3-dev] Feature request: - secondary options palettes loaded with ajax (I know I'm late)

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Sat Feb 2 14:12:34 CET 2008

Hi list,
I know the feature freeze for 4.2 was yesterday, but anyway I'd like to
request a feature that has been available before 4.2.

Before 4.2 the additional secondary options palettes have only been
loaded when the icon was clicked. This was quite nice for dial up
internet connections, because the default form was more light weight and
loaded a bit faster. Now, the fields get loaded by default and are just
hidden, waiting to be shown with a click on the icon.
So my whish would be to load this fields with AJAX, or maybe make this
behavior configurable.

I know that most users have broadband internet connections and don't
care about that, but in germany broadband is still not available
everywhere - especially in rural areas (DE: ländliche Gegend). I
wouldn't have a broadband connection either, if I wouldn't have a tech
geek as brother and wouldn't have paid 2000,- € for hardware to
establish a selfmade wireless lan connection to a about 4 km away
village where broadband is available (and even this is limited).

So it'll be nice if you could have an eye on slow internet connection users.

--
Kind regards,
Franz