[TYPO3-dev] Cache related while coding

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sat Feb 2 12:59:35 CET 2008

"Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]" <dmitry at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1201952650.17145.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> while coding in BE i stumble such often that changes are not taken.
>> I normally clear cache in BE and reload BE in browser with strg + F5 but
>> it doesn't do the job all the time.
>> Sometimes i need to force it with bringing in a debug statement.
>>
>> Do you have same problems or how do you prevent this? What's the reason
>> for? Does clearing cache in BE don't do the job all the time? Does strg.+
>> F5 doesn't work all the time?
>
> Ctrl+F5 flushes *browser* cache (css, js, etc).
>
> As to config cache, you can disable it completely in install tool. See
> something like extCache there. Very handly while debuiing :)
>
> --

I know, and normally i switch off config cache completely for coding. Only
with trunk i left all by default.

the Ctrl + F5 "should" flush the browser cache and send a special header to
webserver. But it isn't successful every time. When i look to a single
js-file in firebug changes are not in sometimes. Thats why i'm asking,
deleting both caches should do the job all the time.

vg  Steffen