[TYPO3-dev] hide be_user options by default?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Feb 1 07:25:40 CET 2008

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> I'm a strong believer in rights-belong-to-groups setups. So the fact
> that you can set things up in user accounts is sometmes nice, but mostly
> a threat to a good rights management.
>
> So I'd like to see a "show access lists" settings for users as well.
> Unless this is check nearly all options would be hidden.

There are two ways to do it: use type field or use conditions. As there were no type field for this table, some exts could create one. If another type field is added, it may break exts. So if access lists are implemented, it is better to use conditions+reload-in-ctrl to hide/show other fields.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team