[TYPO3-dev] Speed up your Typo3 website by optimizing images

Fabien Udriot fudriot at omic.ch
Tue Dec 30 10:14:30 CET 2008

 > Maybe also this helps:
 > -trim          Drop non-transformable edge blocks

 From the man: Rather than having a strange-looking strip along the right and/or bottom edges of a
transformed image, discard any untransformable edge pixels.

I run the script without -trim and re-run it with -trim afterward. No difference in term of size. I
need maybe a bigger sample of images to find a "non-transformable edge blocks" specimen. :)

Btw, jpegtran is for "jpeg transformation" - a lossless transformation of JPEG files which is not
always the case e.g. -trim (strip edges)

Have a nice day.

Fab.