[TYPO3-dev] Speed up your Typo3 website by optimizing images

Daniel Bruessler danielb at typo3.org
Tue Dec 30 08:49:41 CET 2008

Hello,

== convert -strip ==
how much meta-data is it, what is stored in each of the files? (wc -c)

== jpegtran -optimize ==
I see -optimize stands for "Optimize Huffman table". the
Huffman-algorithm ;-)

This does really help much, doesn't it?

Maybe also this helps:
-trim          Drop non-transformable edge blocks

Cheers!
Daniel